Help us spread the word! SFDPH is seeking input from populations most impacted by sugary drinks in order to develop funding priorities. SFDPH started by convening focus groups to learn from the community what their needs, capacity and desires related to healthy eating and active living. As our next course of action, SFDPH is hosting 5 town halls in September to:
- Share back/reflect on the input from those community focus groups; and
- gather more input to inform funding priorities for the sugary drinks tax.
The first town hall will be held in the Bayview Hunters Point – Tuesday, September 11, 2018. 6pm – 8pm; Southeast Facilities Commission, 1800 Oakdale Ave. Please Register here for the Bayview Hunters Point Town Hall.
Please visit www.shapeupsfcoalition.org/input for more details (including SurveyMonkey option if you can’t come) and help spread the word! Food and drinks will be provided and interpretation services and childcare are available upon request. Flyers will be available in English, Spanish and Chinese.
Here is a complete listing of all the Town Halls:
- Bayview Hunters Point – Tuesday, September 11, 2018. 6pm – 8pm; Southeast Facilities Commission, 1800 Oakdale Ave
- Mission – TBD
- OMI – Monday, September 17, 2018. 6pm – 8pm; Minnie & Lovie Ward Rec Center, 650 Capitol Ave.
- Tenderloin – Wednesday, September 19, 2018; 5:30-7:30 pm; SF Main Library – Latino Room, 100 Larkin St
- Western Addition – Thursday, September 20, 2018; 6pm – 8pm; Hamilton Recreation Center, Multipurpose room 1, 1900 Geary Blvd