Equality and Inclusion in Hospitality, Inc.
in partnership with
San Francisco Hotel/Restaurant, Labor/Management Fund is proud to announce its
2017-2018 Hospitality Initiative
- Are you interested in working in a San Francisco Hotel?
- Are you a “people person” interested in a career path with great benefits?
- Do you value excellent customer service?
- Are you interested in participating in a training program with an excellent track record in placing its graduates?
If you are a District 10 resident (living in zip codes 94107; 94124; 94134) who’s interested in exploring the possibility of being selected to participate in a Hospitality Training Program, you should consider attending one of Mandatory Orientations below.
When: September 5th, 6th, and 7th – Two Orientations will take place each day, one
from 9am – 12pm and the other from 12:30pm to 3:30pm
All Orientations will begin promptly at 9:00am, please plan to stay for up to 4 hours.
UNITE HERE Local 2 (in the Action Room)
209 Golden Gate Ave., San Francisco, CA 94102
You MUST bring the following to be admitted to an Orientation:
- A copy of your most current resume, if you have one,
- A list of all of your Jobs including: your Employers, Dates of Employment and Job Duties, for the last 10 years.
Orientations will include:
- Program Overview
- Completion and review of program application
- Literacy Assessment
If you want to attend an orientation you MUST register, at least 24 hours in advance, by sending your name and the date that you would like to attend to: Jobs@eihi.org
A confirmation email will be sent back to you
Hospitality Initiative Program Requirements
Program requirements include:
- Must have a high school diploma or/ equivalent;
- Must have and maintain a working telephone;
- Must have an email address and be willing to check it on a daily basis;
- Ability to pass a Literacy Assessment;
- Ability to pass a drug screening;
- Ability to pass a background investigation;
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule;
- Must be customer service orientated;
- Must be willing and able to conduct weekly on-line job searches;
- Must be willing and able to complete all class assignments in a timely manner; and
- Must be willing and able to work with program coaches and mentors on a regular basis for the first year
A modest stipend will be awarded to participants who complete program milestones.