Film Screening of Resilience: The Biology of Stress & The Science of Hope
The Center for Youth Wellness and San Francisco Chapter of The Links Incorporated are presenting a Bayview community mixer/resource fair and FREE screening of KPJR Film’s Resilience: The Biology of Stress & The Science of Hope at the Bayview Opera House on Wednesday, April 5, 2017.
Resilience is the latest film from documentary director-producer James Redford and producer-writer-director Karen Pritzker. It features the work of Dr. Nadine Burke Harris – Founder and CEO of the Center for Youth Wellness and Founding Physician of the Bayview Child Health Center. The film explores the link between Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and lifelong health.
“Understanding the science of ACEs and toxic stress gives us a powerful tool for not only addressing health disparities, but for improving the lives of all Americans. When we wake up to the fact my patient in Bayview shares a common biology with every child in America who is experiencing adversity, then perhaps we can find the will and the resources to help all children thrive.” – Dr. Nadine Burke Harris
Following the screening will be a panel discussion moderated by Belva Davis, award-winning Bay Area journalist. Confirmed panelists to date are:
- Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, Founder and CEO, Center for Youth Wellness
- James Redford, Director and Producer of Resilience
- Patricia Lee, Managing Attorney, San Francisco Office of the Public Defender
- Joi Jackson-Morgan, Executive Director, 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic
- Tiffani Johnson, Co-Director, H2O Productions and Academic Adviser, Leadership High School
Our ultimate vision is that the audience will walk away with a deeper understanding of how ACEs impact them and their family members, and that they will know how to access resources that can support them in the healing process.
Location: Bayview Opera House
Ruth Williams Memorial Theatre
4705 Third Street
San Francisco, CA 94124
Date & Time: Wednesday, April 5, 2017
- 5:30-6:30p – Community Mixer / Resource Fair – Light Refreshments
- 6:30-7:45p – Film Screening
- 7:45-8:40p – Panel Discussion
- 8:40-9:00p – Questions & Answers