BLACK CUISINE 2015
Come and enjoy amazing food with friends and families for the annual Black Cuisine.
Neighborhood chefs will celebrate the culture of Bayview Hunters Point with tasty, classic and new cuisine.
Homegrown Chef can show their skills by entering the Cooking Contest!
For more information contact 415-822-1444
FILM SCREENING & DISCUSSION | Point of Pride: The People’s View of Bayview/Hunter’s Point
Wednesday February 25
6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
The Museum of the African Diaspora and Bay Area Video Coalition (BAVC) co-present a screening of Point of Pride: The People’s View of Bayview/Hunter’s Point, a community based documentary about the Bayview/Hunter’s Point neighborhood. Point of Pride combines archival footage from the 1950s, 60’s and 70’s with present-day viewpoints to create a compelling portrait of a community marked by struggle and fueled by hope.
Point of Pride is the culmination of a year-long grant, “Remembering and Restoring the Multimedia History of Bayview Hunter’s Point.” Community partners included the San Francisco Public Library, BAVC and San Francisco Bay Area Television Archive at San Francisco State University.
A panel discussion will follow the screening.
FREE with MoAD Admission
Museum of the African Diaspora
685 Mission St, San Francisco, CA
YOUTH OPPORTUNITIES AT SFPUC
High School Students
SFPUC partners with public, private and community organizations to provide meaningful utility-related
paid employment opportunities in support of our mission and sustainability goals. These programs
provide learning opportunities for young people to acquire work-related skills and explore public sector
• Project Pull: Paid summer internships at SFPUC and other City departments for San Francisco high
• YouthWorks: Paid after-school and summer internships at SFPUC or other City departments for San
Francisco high school students
• CityWorks (SSIP Internship Program): Paid summer internships for high school students from
San Francisco’s southeast neighborhoods
• San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) Internships: A variety of internships for high
school students referred from the school district
• San Francisco Conservation Corps: Paid employment training and education program for young
adults interested in watershed conservation and natural resources management
• The Garden Project Earth Stewards Program: Paid summer work experience program for San
Francisco high school students (applications available at local San Francisco police precincts)
• Project Learning: Real-world, project-based, work and learning experiences for youth and young
adults provided through partnerships with dozens of community organizations